Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Touring the hospitals in Teguc
Today I toured the two main hospitals in Tegucigalpa. Yikes!! The first one is in a bad part of town and looks like its straight out of a World Vision commercial on the outside. Its called Viera Hospital. However, it turns out it has better equipment and is better staffed with doctors educated outside of of Honduras than the other hospital. The doctor that gave us a tour spoke good english and I was actually, considering my expectations, rather impressed with the facilities afterwards. The second one looks like a Western Hospital. Its really nice and its called Honduras Medical Center, but its really only good for outpatient procedures b/c there don't have adequate staff or equipment for real emergencies. Who would have guessed? Anyway, I think if I have a real emergency here, I might not die afterall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment